S+T+ARTS e-Sessions: European IP Helpdesk answers questions on Intellectual Property Rights
29 June, 2023 | 10:30-12:00 CET (registration needed)
Speaker: Michele Dubbini, Senior IP Expert, from European IP Helpdesk Training Team
This webinar will provide you with an introduction to basic concepts and definitions of Intellectual Property (IP) and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
Additionally, participants are given a first overview of existing practices and processes related to IP management. After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
- Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues? Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy? What are the first steps to be taken?
- What IP protection can I use (e.g. trademarks, patents etc.)?
- To which institutions can I turn for help?
- What do different IP titles cost?
- How do I perform basic IP searches? What tools exist?
- What does counterfeiting mean?
- How can IPR be enforced?
- What are the basic mechanisms of making money with IP?
About the expert
Michele Dubbini is Senior IP & Innovation Advisor and legal expert at Eurice GmbH. He holds a B.A. in international law from the Catholic University of Milan, Italy and an M.A. in intellectual property law from the University of Alicante, Spain. Since 2014, he has supported the European IP Helpdesk as a speaker for webinars and on-site training events on IP Rights throughout Europe. Thanks to his international legal background and IP expert knowledge, he contributes to the creation and revision of consortium agreements and grant contracts for multinational research consortia and speaks at training events and workshops Eurice is involved in.